Monday 15 June 2009

Empty Carpark

I walk across Freeport Shopping Village's overspill carpark every day.

There's something about empty carparks that I find disquieting.

It's similar to the feeling you get in an empty school, or a large office building after everyone's gone home. They're more than empty, extra empty, because they're normally so full.

And the sky over an empty carpark has the same power. Like it's ready to burst with a force that's the culmination of everythnig that's natural. Supernatural, in the most literal sense of the word.

And if it's late, and I'm walking home, Freeport's carparks will be empty. And I enjoy being a part of that emptiness, in the knowledge that I'm only passing through.

I was walking home, so it would have been about 21:45 when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment