Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sandlines

I walk across King George's Field every day.

Recently, I've been worried about the effect that the various rituals, perpetuated by youths, are having on the area.

But I'd forgotten about the local Authority. I mean, they were the ones who made a ghost of the original playground. But I thought that was it.

But now they've done this. And I have no idea what it means. Numerous lines of sand dragged across the field. Some of them look like they have perforations into the grounds running through them.

And this feels like the first stage of a larger work. That these lines are the both initiation and the foundation for something more radical.

And it's also hard not to imagine what these lines look like from above, viewed from the air. Which leads me to further worry, because the next step is to imagine what would be viewing these lines from the air.

I was walking to work, so it would have been about 7:10am when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment