Sunday 16 August 2009

Ninety Degree Tree

I walk down London Wall every day.

Now, there's nothing very profound left to say about London, which is most of the reason that I haven't mentioned it as part of my daily journey before.

Hundreds of writers more talented than myself have spent their time thinking about what makes London special, what makes it wonderful, what makes it awful, what makes it tick and so on and so forth.

But I can't help feeling that this tree has been under represented.

It has grown with a gap in it which allows peopleof up to just over 6' tall to pass underneath without stooping, and this gap has grown at a right angle. We see right angles everywhere, but that's because people who make things love them -- I can't think of many places that they appear in nature.

But there's this one.

I was walking home late at night, so it would have been about 2250 when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment