Friday 18 December 2009

Blue air, white ground

I get the train from Braintree Freeport Station every morning.

Because of ice and snow on the stairs which lead down to the platform, they've been cordoned off using the highly professional method of tying some tape to some cones and leaving them at either end.

The snow has once again turned the air blue. It's also turned everything strangely beautiful again -- solid and ethereal simultaneously.

I was walking home as it was snowing, the night before I took this photo. It was outrageously cold, the snow was coming down almost horizontally, and by the time I made it home my face was raw from the wind and wet.

I ate an apple in that blizzard, and I don't know if it was because of the snow, but that apple was probably one of the best I've ever eaten -- and I've eaten a lot of apples.

I was walking to work, so it would have been about 7:28am when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment