Sunday 25 April 2010

Fanfarewell 3 of 3



I used to walk a set path to and from the train, on my way to work, every day.

I saw some strange things. Often involving shopping trolleys. Sometimes what I saw was very pretty, sometimes it was very mundane. I took pictures of some of what I saw -- only if there was nobody about at the time. And then sometimes I'd post the resultant photos, and write about them.

It was my way of both documenting and inventing a ritual. This ritual involved unseen people, probably kids, doing...things. What these things, and this ritual, intended to acheive, I have no idea. I don't think that matters.

I don't travel along that route any more due to certain changes in my life. And so, to finish, here's a video slideshow of some of the photos I've collected. Some have been written about, some I intended to write about but never did. There are more still which I've not been able to find.

The music is by Duncan Jewett.

See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment